Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Finally! A TS find!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hooray! I finally found some AG stuff after *months* of not being able to find ANYthing. I stopped at Goodwill first and picked up a first edition Meet Samantha hardbound and Addy Learns a Lesson softcover for only $.66!! But my big find was at this cool antique/thrift store I'd never been in before. I found a PM GT17 (red hair blue eyes) and her original meet outfit, OOAK outfit and original box for $60! I know it was a little high, but she is in perfect condition, no marks, cut hair, anything. I was so excited. Now I just have to figure out whether to keep her or sell her to get #21, which I really want . . . decisions decisions!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member stacird's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good for you Danni!
    I've had good luck finding books, but have yet to find a doll, outfits or furniture. But, I'll keep looking!

    Stacird

  3. #3
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    Sound like you still paid a VERY good price though! Congratulations!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awesome! Congrats! I say sell her before you get attached, but it might be too late for that. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    (I haven't found anything AG in any thrift stores either (except some ornaments and other Hallmark things at an antique mall, and those were at least as expensive as eBay). But frankly I'm no expert in finding things anyway, and I've only looked through about 8 places. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

  5. #5
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    Wow! That is still a good price! Is it the newer Meet outfit or an older one!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think that is a bad price, and you didn't have to pay any shipping.

  7. #7
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Congrats on your find! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I've been to two thrift stores in recent weeks with no good find. Ahhh, maybe someday...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a really neat find! I'm still hoping on finding a doll someday, but I did score Kirsten's nightgown on a $10 baby doll a few days ago. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Meet outfit (or what I thought was a meet outfit . . .) is a colorfully striped shirt tagged Pleasant co and black leggings, and black shoes. I doubt this is a complete outfit, but it does seem authentically tagged. She also comes in a Pleasant Co hospital gown. I don't know how old she is (I am no expert on the AGOTs, only the historicals). Anybody know how old she might be judged on the outfit? I'll try to post pics later.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is the second meet outfit and was available fall (late summer) 1996 through summer 1998. All you are missing is the yellow felt jacket. Good find!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 07, 2006 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •